Monday, August 6, 2012

Monday Made it...Owls Of Course! Freebie!

I have been wanting to join
Monday made it for the last ten weeks! FINALLY I am linking up with two things that I have made. 
First up is another two of my owls. I just love these little owls and my Cricut cutting mat has a permanent outline of this owl engraved into it! One of these guys is flying to Florida and the other is going to hang outside my classroom door. I'm going back to Joann's to get more of the handwriting scrapbook paper, so I can make more of these owls. 



I blogged about these a few posts back and was happy to send one to my new friend Lauren. She should get it in the mail any day now! I'm using these clocks in my daily schedule display. I can't wait  to take them to school and get them settled in this afternoon.

I teach with an incredible group of teachers. Yesterday at church I was blessed to be able to gather with them and cry, laugh and pray about our student who was tragically taken from us last Thursday. We are praying now for a little girl in serious condition who has received a new heart because of this tragic event. We also pray for the children that will receive new chances to live because of her kidneys pancreas and liver. Life will continue because of her gift. 

I want to do something for my teacher friends to let them know how much I love and appreciate them in my life. Thanks to my favorite Chickadee, I was inspired to create these with my MyMemories software. I wish I could share both of the pages I designed, but I must follow copyright laws! Thank you Laurie for your inspiration. I can't wait to share these at our first meeting. I plan on putting them in  frames. 

The top picture was designed using Christine Smith's design pack called Whooo Loves You available through MyMemories. Click on the bottom picture if you'd like to go to the link. JazzyPatterns is the designer of the clipart. JazzyPatterns has a store on Etsy that I love.
Thanks for hosting 4th Grade Frolics. I needed some prompting today!


10 comments:

  1. I have an owl themed classroom too! Come see the cute hooting things I made this week.


    By the way, I'm hosting a 300 follower giveaway on my blog right now with lots of goodies! Come check it out!

    Layla

    Fancy Free in Fourth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm coming over to visit! I can't wait to see what you have and to enter your giveaway...Thanks for the invite!
      Jenny

      Delete
  2. Awesome owls! I too think owls are a hoot! I made fifty little guys this week. Come take a peek!
    - Michele Multiage Moments

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey thanks again for the shout outs. I made it to 301. Blogging, for me is not about the numbers and I don't pay too much attention to them. I love meeting new friends and collaborating across the country for the good of kids!

    Laurie
    Chickadee Jubilee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same way! Your blog shows it...You posts always have good content and ideas...Thanks for being my BBB!
      Jenny

      Delete
  4. YAY I am so excited about my new Owl friend! =) YAY!!! Thanks Again!

    Lauren
    Miss Augustine's Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your owls! They are cute! I also like how you added handwriting paper for the belly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your owls are so precious!! I love how they are made out of scrapbooking paper! :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  7. How heartbreaking about your student. I am very blessed, too, to have wonderful coworkers. I don't know what I'd do without them. My thoughts and prayers go out to you.

    Kelly
    Teaching Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the owls. They are just precious!! I am joining forces with you and praying for the family of the child that lost her life as well as the children that she gave life to through being a donor. What a great story of hope. I am your newest follower and would love for you to check out my blog!!

    ReplyDelete

Please give me a hoot!