Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Where I Work Wednesday!

These owls will be used on the clip chart when students get to school in the morning. The tree trunks will keep student's pencils close to their working area.

My morning started at 6:00 this morning. I have gotten to spend the day with some fun and amazing people including my faculty, students and their families! This morning we had our staff CPR training with other area Lutheran teachers. After that training we had an interesting lecture about cyber-bullying. I had so much fun watching people fall asleep. I was a little concerned about one lady with knitting needles...I was sure she was going to impale herself on one of those as her head kept getting lower and lower! Then I finally figured out where I knew "that lady" from. She had been a dorm mate of mine 29  a couple of years ago. It was so much fun to become reacquainted and learn we've been living in the same area for years. I couldn't wait to get back to my classroom to put the finishing touches on everything for our open house tonight!

It's Wednesday and that means I get to share where I teach! You can too, and then link up with Blog Hoppin'


This is where I teach...
I love this place! I rearranged the whole room this year and threw away a lot of clutter. My room is quite small, and cozy. I love my space. I got rid of the desks and put chairs in instead. Now I have a storage unit from Ikea for my students cubbies.  I have a small book shelf to put in the corner instead of the crate and I think I'll put my lamp on top of that. There are a couple of missing items that I am waiting for the mail carrier to deliver. 

I adore these little owls made with a Stampin' Up  punch.

Clip chart ready for action!




Number Wall!
I LOVE teaching students  Touch Math. Each of my numbers have the touch points made with owls! Click here  to go to the TouchMath website. I use Touch all the time!

My classroom rules  capitalize on positive behavior. The owl on the bottom makes a hooting sound when I notice behavior to hoot about!

I LOVED seeing my students tonight and feel so excited about starting school on Monday. I'll leave you with the poem I'm sending in the mail tomorrow to each student...



6 comments:

  1. Did you paint your classroom this summer? The paint color looks vaguely familiar...kinda like your "old" bedroom, I believe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a GREAT idea with the tp paper roll to keep the pencil close by. :) I am now trying to figure out how I can do that in my room. Thanks so much for the idea!!!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome, Maria! I usually tape student's pencil caves down with wide clear tape horizontally. This is the first time I made them standing up! I make them out of toilet paper rolls and cover them with paper or paint. I change them several times during the year and ask the children to always keep two pencils in good working order in their caves!
      Jenny

      Delete
  3. Your room looks great and I love your "ways of the owl"!

    ReplyDelete

Please give me a hoot!