Sunday, February 15, 2015

Sunday Letters With Big Time Literacy

I'm linking up with Michelle at Big Time Literacy for Sunday Letters. You should too. It is fun!


Dear Chessie,
When we brought you home I was doing it to appease my daughter's desire to have a cat. Oh sure, I wanted a kitty too. It's just I wanted a cute little kitten of 8 weeks. You weren't that cute. You were rather big. I think you were older than six months. I felt sorry for you living in the back of Petco for months. 
Now when I look at you, I see the most beautiful cat in the world. The way you hold your tail straight up  like an exclamation point makes me smile. I adore the way you greet me when I come home. Throwing yourself at my feet begging for attention is just a blessing. Your silly antics with yarn and turkeys fills me with delight. 
Some day very soon I'm going to read you the book Millions of Cats by Wanda Gag. For good reason, it is the oldest American picture book still in print. Perhaps it would have won the Caldecott in 1929. Since Caldecott awards didn't come into existence until 1938, it had to be happy with the Newberry! You'll love the repeated phrase, "...hundreds of cats, thousands of cats, millions and billions, and trillions of cats." So, dear Chessie, I want you to know that I have seen a lot of cats...maybe a few less than a million...but you are the kitty for me. Your sweetness and unconditional acceptance of me makes me happy to be in your presence. Thank you for choosing me to be your person! Love, Momma

Dear Couch,
I love long naps and cold winter days. I love the way you hold me and support me after long and sometimes trying days at work. Thanks for always being there and catching my coins and crumbs for later. I promise a massage with the vacuum. Just not today. I'm busy napping today.
You got my backside, Me

Dear Kazumi Guy,
I am still amazed at the way you caught that egg in your hat. I wonder if you've ever forgotten it's up there. Has one ever broken? I wonder if a chicken sat on top if that egg would hatch. I know that's impossible, but it is fun to think about. My friends and I loved the way you could shoot saki into our mouths without getting any on our faces.  Do you spend long hours in front of a mirror practicing? Your talent amazes me and I now see why your place is such a popular eatery.
Growling,
A Hungry Tummy



3 comments:

  1. Sunday naps are amazing! I've spent a lot of time with my couch this weekend too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my couch too. I get my naps and read lots of books there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there! Thanks for linking up on Sunday! I'm glad you had fun...it's a cool way to share that I saw somewhere awhile ago! :-)
    I also love my couch (currently on it wrapped in two blankets and blogging - my fave!)
    I do the Letters Linky every other Sunday, so I hope to see you back on March 1st!
    Hope you're having a good week!
    Michelle
    BigTime Literacy

    ReplyDelete

Please give me a hoot!