Thursday, January 2, 2014

Currently and a Freebie

I am feeling so thankful to realize that today is NOT Friday. Most of the day I've been walking around under the assumption that it is Friday, but it is only THURSDAY!! It is like getting an extra day of vacation. Which means I have time to link-up with Farley and share what I'm doing CURRENTLY!


If you do not like hearing people talk incessantly about their pets, you may want to quit following me. I used to be so annoyed by people who would talk about their pets as if they were actually members of their family. I now understand. My kitty Chessie is a member of my family. I never thought having a pet would be so much fun. I was getting a cat to appease my daughter. I am totally smitten with my kitten! I love listening to her purr.
Jennifer Glahn Reck
Chessie and I spend many hours together on this couch!
I'm loving this vacation. It has been so relaxing. Because of the new family addition, we put out very few decorations. We kept it to the things that matter...Two nativity sets and a tree. I've gotten to spend wonderful times baking, playing games, shopping and just hanging out with my kids.

All this relaxing has gotten me thinking about retiring, but not seriously! I don't think I'd do a very good job as a retiree. I don't get much accomplished when I don't have a set routine or schedule. Several weeks ago, a kindergartner came to me in tears to tell me that her sister had told her that I was retiring next year. It was so hard to keep a straight face. She'll be one of my first graders next year and her sister was trying really hard to get her sister really upset. What a funny idea that me retiring was the worst thing she could tell her sister. I'm happy to say I'll be teaching for many years to come. 

I'm really wanting to visit my daughter in St. Louis. I moved to Michigan from St. Louis 26 years ago and can't wait to visit her there in the spring. 

I have not committed to a resolution yet. I've had lots of ideas swimming through my brain. I need to be more active. I need to eat healthier foods. I need to spend more time in prayer and reading the Bible. I'll wait until Monday and make my resolution with my owlets with this FREEBIE you can grab too!


We had a full house New Year's Eve celebrating the old and new. Games, food and laughter filled our home. We are blessed with many wonderful friends. Who wouldn't want to have bagpipes played at their house at midnight?!


6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoops, sorry about the delete! I tried to copy and paste my blog info and pasted a bit too much! What I said was... your kitty is too cute!! I just bought a new house and cannot wait to buy a kitten or two! Good luck with your resolutions! Happy New Year!


    Kate
    EduKate and Inspire

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same way about my puppy! My family is possibly traveling to Ohio and every time I try to change the plans to veer just further North.....
    I also am so glad it isn't Friday.
    Laurie
    Chickadee Jubilee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pets are the best. I've always had a dog and will never be without:)
    That was a sweet retirement story.
    Glad you had such a great vacation, Jenny!
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've missed your posts sweet friend! So glad you are back! My daughter has been begging and PLEADING with us to get a pet, but..... we're not there.... yet. Maybe when she's older. :)
    Enjoy the rest of your break friend!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for the shout out for the New year glasses. Your kiddos look adorable. Also, bagpipes at midnight... what fun!

    Cindy
    Granny Goes to School

    ReplyDelete

Please give me a hoot!