Tuesday, October 15, 2013

My Mammy is a Lamby!

This is the second time I've written this post. I was typing away watching Top Gear with my Cranky Bear when I looked down and there was absolutely nothing there. I don't know where it went. I'm going to make this really quick and just summarize what I said earlier!
 Today was a good day.
A student decided to reorganize the class library.
She had a box for funny books, a box for animal books, a box for books that have worn out spines...Her words not mine! and a box for space books. What really caught my attention was when she said, "This looks like a good book. Look Mrs. Reck, My Mammy is a Lamby!" I looked over and there she was putting this book into a tub she had decided was for books that looked good. Accept it wasn't My Mammy is a Lamby It was My Mamma is a Llama!

What really made me happy and smile was the way she was arranging books. It didn't really matter to me that she didn't quite get the way I sort books. She was excited about books, she was showing me kindness by organizing the classroom library and she had a box of books that looked good to her including My Mammy is a Lamby!

Tomorrow I'm reading My Mamma is a Llama!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please give me a hoot!