Sunday, September 29, 2013

Poetry Slam and Freebie!

I was going to link up with Barb at Grade ONEderful, but the collection is closed!! I thought I had one more day to squeeze myself into her monthly poetry slam. Would you like some apple poems anyway? I have one and Barb has a bunch...I mean a tree full. I'm sure she'd love you to stop by and pick some up. Head on over and tell her an owl sent you!

I love using poetry to teach reading. There are so many ways to introduce vocabulary, work on sight words, search for adjective, verbs and nouns and the list goes on and on! We read and re-read poetry every day and our lives are fuller and richer for it! Enjoy this original poem and a fun song, too! Click on the picture to get a copies of these sweet poems/song!
Have a great week!!

Do you love this clip art? Kari Bolt is AMAZING go HERE to check out her store!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the apple poems. When I taught 1st grade we did an apple unit and my brother would come dressed up like Johnny Appleseed.
    Laurie
    Chickadee Jubilee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great poem, Jenny!! Thanks for the shout-out, too!

    ReplyDelete

Please give me a hoot!