Thursday, December 13, 2012

Joyful Noise


You are about to see rare never before seen footage. This video clip will prove that angels exist and perform in bands! Yes these angels will convince you that their time here is to bring good tidings of great joy...

I had no intention of my students making guitars! I thought they would make harps. A project that was to take about 15 minutes took close to an hour! One had the idea of turning their "harp" into a "guitar" and soon they all wanted "catars"! We did make a joyful, if not musical, noise to the Lord.

We also brainstormed other things that could make a Christmas band. Each student took one of the items, wrote it into the frame and then illustrated it. Now I only have to laminate and bind it together for a class book. Here is a sampling...

10 little snowflakes
10 little elves
10 little angels

10 little snowmen
Here is the frame I used to have my owlets do their illustrations on. Click HERE if you would like a copy!
Today with my 7/8 book club we celebrated 12-12-12 day as the first graders did the day before. These middle school students acted very much like my first graders and I must say had as much fun decorating and eating their trees as them, too! The love making guest appearances, so here they are...




1 comment:

  1. OH how I LOVE this! Please thank your class for bringing some joy to my day!

    Laurie
    Chickadee Jubilee

    ReplyDelete

Please give me a hoot!