Tuesday, September 11, 2012

I Just Got a Letter!

I have been waiting eagerly for my first "letter" to come in the mail! Today was my lucky day. Actually I found the letter in my mailbox yesterday, but I got to share it with my class today.  I've been a little nervous about what to do with the letter "G"  I get to send out to 25 classes across the US and Canada. Don't worry, I'm not going with my original idea of chewing green gum and having students make "gs" with them and sticking them to the letter. Some thought that would be too "germy" and well I don't want to "gum" up my new Paper Monster laminator. I do have an idea that is simple and germ free! (More on that when they are done!)

I am participating with a group of early elementary teachers to make one letter of the alphabet for classrooms across the US and Canada. That's why I was so excited to get the letter F from a school in California. It wasn't just any school. This school is home to students who have parents serving in the US Navy. These are the children of parents who have dedicated their lives to keeping our country safe and free. They spend six months at a time out at sea patrolling our waters and keeping us safe from harm. I want to say thank you to those students for their amazing letter f and to the teachers dedicated to teaching these special kids. I saw this picture on a friends facebook page and want to share it
with you...

..Photo

So here it is our first letter in the Chick-a Chick-a Boom Boom Letter Exchange hosted by Chrissy from First Grade Found Me. Thank you, Chrissy for your hard work putting this together.  Speaking of Chrissy...She has an awesome giveaway you want to miss. I've entered have you? Congrats to her for her 300 followers!
Thank you to Energy and Science TPT store for the Free USA map!

F is for fingerprints!

Thank you for the amazing letter helping us get to know you better!


4 comments:

  1. I am on of the groups doing the Letter Exchange too! We got our first letter yesterday. The letter P was covered in purple paper and it was from Ohio. The students were excited to receive a letter. Can't wait til the other ones come. Have fun with your letters.

    Jodi
    kinderspot-jodi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Letter Exchange is an awesome idea! I bet the kids are SO excited about it as well! I just found your blog, and have loved reading your posts!

    If you get a chance, stop by my blog. I am having a giveaway - a free, personal laminator! Come check it out if you don't have one already! :)

    Heather
    Sensational Seconds

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really great idea! I wish I'd decided to join in:) Next year!

    ❀Barbara❀
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for blogging about my giveaway. I appreciate it! I love the F is for Fingerprints too. Thanks for participating in the exchange.
    Chrissy
    First Grade Found Me

    ReplyDelete

Please give me a hoot!