Sunday, December 30, 2012

One Little Word and One Little Freebie

Earlier I think I said my word for 2013 would be "contentment"  I like that word and I feel pretty content most of the time. I love the place I am in and can't think of too many things I would change. The things I would change are pretty circumstantial. . . We won't even go there! I have some "vices" that I want to continue to work on and I feel that each day should be a day that resolutions can and should be made and broken. I'm human after all and each day I'm given a chance to do-over the day before. Each day can be a New Year celebration. If I mess up today's resolution, I'm not going to give-up...I'm going to try again tomorrow.
Tomorrow's resolution...because I didn't get it today..."balance". I don't do anything part-time. I don't have one bird feeder...I have eight, at last count. I become absorbed in different projects and everything else suffers. I need balance in my life and so do the people who love and live with me. That's why I'm changing my OLW to balance. The crazy thing is I know it means I'll be using less of my time to blog so I can spend more time being a wife, mother, teacher, friend, and sister.

I spent too much time a great deal of time today working on penguin activities. This math activity will be one of the math activities students will use next week. I think that my owlets will like it and I hope you will, too! Looking for graphics for this project I found Jennifer's art work VERY helpful and creative! Go visit her at her blog and tell her I said "hello"! You'll be glad you did!!



If you would like more penguin activities and or would like to help send my second child to college check out my recently uploaded penguin activity packet on TPT!

6 comments:

  1. Finding balance is challenging , isn't it? But if you have contentment then maybe you already have balance . Just thinking out loud:)
    I wish you the best in all your endeavours.
    Barbara
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I have a second child with college in his near future, too; that made me giggle! We are hoping his ACT scores will earn him some $$. The eldest is a sophomore at a big university, doing well but racking up a few loans. I don't want any of them to start their independent lives with a big debt!

    I'm merging my penguin and polar bear weeks this year, planning to use the globe quite a bit to visualize the polar regions. Your unit looks fab! :-)

    And, balance....if only someone else in my family would take up cooking....
    ReadWriteSing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes finding balance in the world of blogging isn't easy. I definitely need to step away from the computer more in 2013.
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope if you find out how to balance everything, you will share your wisdom. It's so hard to "do it all". Be a good wife, mom, teacher, friend, sister, etc. This week has been nice because I tried to be "unplugged" as much as I could. :)
    Wishing you all the best in 2013!!!!!
    Maria

    http://curiousfirsties.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to thank you for all of your wonderful contributions to the blogging world and know how it can be all consuming at times. I wish you the very best in all of your endeavors, including finding more "balance" in your life. Thanks for adding to the fun of teaching!

    Jeanne
    First Grade is Wonderful

    ReplyDelete

Please give me a hoot!