Saturday, November 1, 2014

My Best Friend is a Hippo Named Boo-Boo Butt!

Book Review




Today the book is hidden at my house. I have never been asked to re-read a book as much as I have been asked to re-read this one. I think the author is a genius for making a book so engaging for young readers without using one picture! Have you read it? It is completely ridiculous and I love it! I'm just tired of telling kids that my best friend is a hippo named "Boo-Boo Butt!"

We have a Reading-Buddy event every month. Older students are paired up with younger to read to and with them. I passed this book from former student to former student who had embarrassed me in the past I knew would get a kick out of it. Soon our school was rocking with laughter.

 It is hidden at my house, but only so I can share it with my 16 year old and her exchange student friend from South Korea. She is finding out what an American sleep-over is like! I think a bedtime story is in order. How about you?

Click HERE to see B.J. Novak talk about his book on the Today Show. Matt and B.J. even talk about how it is harder to write a book for children than it is for adults. This is a great inter

4 comments:

  1. Oh, you've got it! I ordered this book a few weeks ago and Amazon said they shipped it last week but I still don't have it :( I can hardly wait 'cause it just looks SO funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have it sitting on a bookshelf at home. Waiting for a "perfect" set up to read it to the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got to get me one. I keep hearing about it.
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is ssooo funny because of the part about my face is a blueberry pizza

    ReplyDelete

Please give me a hoot!