Monday, October 27, 2014

Made it Monday: Freebie!



I don't know about you, but I think making it through Monday is a fete in and of itself. Mondays in a classroom full of young people with nothing else on their minds but Halloween is crazy. If you can't beat them...and you do KNOW I mean that completely figuratively...join them!

We took a walk today to a local favorite bakery. We looked for signs of Halloween on our way. However, the sole purpose of our trip was to celebrate my birthday! No one knows how to celebrate birthdays like first and second graders! We had a great time and once we had counted thirty one pumpkins and four spiders we quit counting and played "I Spy Adjectives" for a while! Do you know how long it takes to herd a class of 1st and 2nd graders four city blocks? I didn't time it, but we almost didn't make it back in time for the dismissal bell! I was a little worried we'd be spending the night on my pull out couch together!
It was a beautiful day in West Michigan. We won't have too many more days warm enough for walks like this. The best part of our walk is crunching through the leaves of our woods.
So I really did make something to show you. I am so thankful for so many of you! Today I'm especially thankful for Barbara at Grade Onederful. She shared some cupcake liner owls on her Facebook page that I had to make. I'll make them with my class on Friday, but I couldn't wait that long! 
I was able to find many different varieties of liners at Joann's on Saturday all clearance priced.
I just used cardstock for the beak and talons. Fold and glue the wings to the middle. Fold down and glue the top. Add some wiggle eyes and glue on the beak and talons. I'm going to use my owls for some homemade Halloween cards.


Need an emergent reader and game to help you through the week? Click HERE for a fun FREEBIE! I'd love some feedback if you have the time. 
My donut of choice? Top left...Maple bacon! Donut worry, be happy!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing and happy birthday! I would love to take a walk through the woods with my littles :)

    Ventaneando: A Window Into First Grade Bilingüe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Happy Birthday! No wonder I like you so much ... we almost share birthdays:)
    I just love that you ran out and did those owls! Even I haven't done them yet. Maybe I'll save them for Halloween afternoon, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your owls are cute! Happy Birthday!
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete

Please give me a hoot!