Friday, August 1, 2014

Five (plus one) For Friday!

fiveforfriday2_thumb[3]

What a week! I actually lost a WHOLE day because I was a good girl and had my colonoscopy. My mama had colon cancer, soooo I have to have one done every five years. You really lose two days. One day of "preparation" followed by a day of sleep. Today I still feel a little achy and I'm talking it up to be worse than it is...Like I can't possibly cook supper, do dishes or have anything to do with laundry. I can garden, tend my chickens and read. Watching movies is good and working on my blog doesn't seem to bother me too much. I can also link up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for 5 for Friday!
My family made fun of me for buying this feeder for $15.00. I'd say this girl thinks it was a good investment! The Pileated is one of my favorite birds.

FINALLY! I have an egg. They ate the first one that was laid, but today I went outside and this gem was just sitting there.

Play dates are the best. This weeks theme was fairys and it was magical!



Easy to make fairy doors! I set out paint, markers, moss and little pebbles and let them go to work!




I was inspired to make fairy houses after visiting Maine's Coastal Botanical Gardens this summer. That place is full of magic and flowers!
Whoops here is number six. If you are a real stickler for rules close your eyes and step away. Besides, this picture of fairy bread will just make you drool if you are even slightly hungry. Oh go ahead and look!

Robert Lewis Stevenson wrote a poem about Fairy Bread. I found it HERE. After we had eaten well there were fairy stories to hear and tell!
Thanks for making it all the way to the end!

1 comment:

  1. I love all your fairy pics. The kids must have a blast visiting you!

    ReplyDelete

Please give me a hoot!