Saturday, March 16, 2013

Five for Friday...on Saturday!

I have wanted to link up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for quite some time. All week I told myself this Friday....This Friday. Friday came and I had the chance to spend the evening with the best husband in the whole wide world shopping for kitchen flooring, watching Rockford Files and just hanging out together. Just so you know the best husband in the whole wide world happens to be married to me, so I'm feeling quite lucky! Now I'm feeling a wee bit guilty sitting at my computer while he works to get the old flooring up and out!
Here are my five random things from the week...



1.On Monday I had to say goodbye to my oldest after she spent her spring break with us. She is one amazing girl. She is quirky, fun and talented. At this very moment she is visiting Wash-U in St. Louis. We were hoping she'd go to MSU  just a couple hours from home. She is loving everything about St. Louis and looks like she'll be there for her graduate studies. I have so many family connections to St. Louis. My mother studied at Wash-U and so it seems only fitting that her namesake should go there, too. I wish it were closer, but I lived in St. Louis and I will love visiting her there. This amazing girl made everything in this picture! She cooked vegetarian meals for us all week. She wanted something special for her "last dance", so she whipped up a dress for herself and had to put on over 50 grommets!

2. I'm so excited to be planning a trip north for Spring Break! My daughter will be 11 hours south and my son will be 11 hours north next year. Over Spring Break we'll be visiting his college of choice in the beautiful Houghton, Michigan.

3. I had a Parent Visit Day this week. On Friday I invited my parents to come and watch my Owlets perform Super Brush to the Rescue. After performing it on stage we did it one last time in the classroom. The video production catches a lot of the noise from pages being turned, but I LOVE that they are all following along with their scrip and pretty much ignore the new tooth that joins the mouth. I was laughing through the whole thing, so it is a little shaky!

4. Some of our parents stayed and enjoyed the cast party. We celebrated by watching the original Lorax movie and eating Truffala Trees...Yum! All you need are pretzel rods, sherbet and  Brown Barbaloots  Chocolate Teddy Grahams! 

5. Goodbye, Mr. Seamus G. Leprechaun. We loved your tricks and will miss you. Next time we'll catch you and find out where you keep your gold.

Seamus's last trick was to toilet paper the room. and leave green glitter everywhere!
The janitor loves me!!

Thanks for visiting! I hope you'll be wearing the green tomorrow and dancing a jig. On St. Patrick's Day we're all Irish!



fiveforfriday


6 comments:

  1. Oh, I just can't do glitter, but we had some sprinkled throughout our school too! :)
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your daughter sounds like a gem :)) Good luck to her in her studies!
    ❀Barbara❀
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Irish Blessing! Sounds like its busy at your place. Good luck with college choices.

    Tammy
    The Resourceful Apple

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for your daughter finding her next path. How exciting! I can't wait to learn more about how she's doing. I think St Louis is terrific.

    Kimberley
    First in Maine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just whipped up a dress! Ha! I have never been to St. Louis...or Michigan for that matter. You are going to be traveling all over the place. Too much fun is going on in your class!

    Laurie
    Chickadee Jubilee

    ReplyDelete

Please give me a hoot!