1. I love having music in my classroom and I play it frequently as a way to transition, as a brain break and as background noise. Spotify is my most recent music source of choice. I upgraded to unlimited this week, so now I have NO ADDS!! Some the adds aren't very kid friendly, if you know what I mean. The kids favorite is Concerning Hobbits from the Lord of the Rings, while I prefer Organic White Noise for Babies! It sounds like a spring forest in my classroom thanks to Spotify!
2. We have needed brain breaks this week.... Achievement testing...'nough said and no pictures necessary!
3. Our 7th and 8th graders are spending a week in D.C. this spring. I get to go along as a chaperone, parent, and literature teacher. My daughter is in 8th grade, so I'm looking forward to this time with her. Anyway, the past two weeks we have had a Penny Wars fund raiser. Kids try to fill their own classroom buckets with pennies and other classrooms with silver and green money. The class with the most pennies after silver and green is subtracted from their amount wins a pizza party. I waited until today to bring in a box of pennies...
We passed this box around and guessed how much it weighed. Only three students guessed a weight under 100 pounds! I have some work to do on measuring weight! I'll announce the winner on Monday. What would your guess be?
4. My kids are having a great time seeing what kind of owl they are with these math challenges. I give them a minute and then they get to count how many they got correctly complete and give themselves a rating. I'm starting to add subtraction to the mix, too!
5. Do you know the game L, C, R? I love playing that game and used it as the basis for this game. My owlets love playing it and I hope yours will too!
That's my Five for the week...Now it's back to Candy Crush Saga and an early bedtime!