Thursday, May 7, 2015

First StitchFix and a Winner!

I had to try it for myself. I saw so many other's cute and not so cute Fixes. I forced myself to look at every #stitchfixfail to convince myself I did not want to get sucked in. It did not work and this is what I got...I'll let you guess which ones I kept and which ones I sent back at the end!!


Most people post a nice neat shot of their box right after opening. I didn't have a camera when I opened this up. I tore right into it! I don't get new clothes often, so I was really excited!!


This sweater has 3/4 length sleeves. The shoulders are relaxed and the teal stripe has a little bit of sparkle. It covers up my booty...I like that!




I love the little keyhole on the back of the sweater. 


This tunic is so me. It might be too much white to wear to school, though. Hmmm. What do you think? Kitty seems to like it!

 This black and white maxi-skirt was just the right length for me in a high heel and I can easily roll the waistband down to shorten it when I need to put on something comfy at the end of the day. But will these stripes make me look to wide?
These black trousers fit like a dream. A little pricey for my taste, though! They looked great with a heel, but I could see myself wearing them with a variety of other shoe choices! They were the perfect length for my short self. What a dilemma! 


This long tunic blouse was pretty busy. I liked the details on the sleeves. You can roll up the long sleeves and button them with a cute tab that stays hidden until it is needed. The colors on this shirt are some of my favorites. They do go perfectly with the black trousers. 

So that's it. I tried everything on just like I was directed to do. Everything fit perfectly. I had shoes, scarves and jewelry to go with each item. This is what I decided...
The striped sweater...Kept it!
The bohemian tunic in orange and black...It has triangles so I had to keep it!!
The striped skirt matches my cat...It's a keeper!
The trousers...I'd buy another couple pair in different colors if I could. They are my favorite.
The long blouse? Yep! I kept that too. I kept it all and justified the expensive pants with having 25% off if you keep it all. 
I signed up to get my Fix quarterly. I'm thinking I may have to change that to monthly. I had so much fun being able to try everything on at home in natural light at 11:00 at night. The true test will be how well they wash up. If you are on the fence on whether to try it  or not...I say to take the leap and let me know what you think! 

I ran a giveaway a couple weeks ago. I used a random number generator and got 3! So, Betsy is the winner! I love comments!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so picky about clothes. I don't think I could do this. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please give me a hoot!