Friday, April 18, 2014

Five for Friday


What a fun week it has been. I can say that even though I spent an "extra" day at school this week. The Snow Days finally caught up with me and I had to put in some time. I should have been able to sleep in and spend the day with my Cranky Bear and chickens. I was happy to spend Good Friday making it meaningful and full of meaning! 

My students loved making "Resurrection Gardens" I hope the grass grows for them before Sunday. One of my Lego maniacs snuck some pieces in to decorate their garden. It cracked me up when I checked and watered the gardens after school and found the Lego angel, soldier and bones scattered around the garden. 

I went to THIS web-site for help on making this project!

Number 2 is my new found love for chickens! I had to bring two chicks home until they are big enough to live without a light. They are just about ready to go  to their permanent home. Until they do I will enjoy every possible moment with them. My cat is totally fascinated with them. Can you think of a caption for this picture?

Click HERE to see them as babies!
Number 3...Did I mention I love chick(en)s? Here are the ones I made to use in the classroom. We toss them back and forth to each other and skip count. They are great tools to use for brain breaks and I'm sure glad I saw Red Ted's tutorial to make these cute chicks!


Number 4! Did you know it was Palindrome week? Each day this week the date was the same forward as backwards. Yikes...How fun is that? Not quite as much fun as this book! It is full of palindromes and just a  lot of fun!
Number 5....This is my favorite! We made these beautiful stain glass windows to celebrate Good Friday. I had a hard time sending these home. They are beautiful. 
Contact paper and a silhouette make for a beautiful project!
Happy or hoppy Easter! This year I have only one third of my children to celebrate with. For the first time ever we are going out for brunch instead of cooking our own fancy dinner. I can't wait to link up with Doodle Bugs for the first time in a  loooong time to share my five for Friday!


10 comments:

  1. I think you cat looks a bit hungry. :-). Love the cute chicks! My students would find lots of uses for them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The added Legos are phenominal. Love it :-)
    KaSandra
    MemoriesMadeinFirst

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful projects celebrating Easter and our Savior! I wish we could share in public school.
    Happy Easter!

    Tammy
    The Resourceful Apple

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those little chicks are so cute, I can see why you are love them. I need to make a set of those little chicken bean bags for school. I would be using them all the time with my little ones. I love your resurrection gardens, it would be a great project to do with my grand babes. Happy Easter.

    Terri
    Kinder Princess

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always good to see what you're up to. Your stained glass windows are lovely.
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your chicks are so cute!
    lraines78@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. The chicks are really cute, but I think the cat is a little jealous. ;) When our chicks were small one of our dogs was very worried about them. He would follow them around and keep his nose on the fence when they were in the coop. He was a true mother hen. Never mind that he was 80 pounds, he was their mama.

    I LOVE the idea of tossing the fabric chickens to skip count. It is a great idea that I am stealing it.

    Enjoy your Easter brunch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy to read your post. You always make me smile! I LOVE the stain glass windows and the resurrection garden. I need to do that with my girls next year. Our church had an even for Palm Sunday and they gave the girls a bowl with grass seed so it would grow by Easter Sunday. And today... we have beautiful grass! He has risen!!! :)

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh. I love those little chickens!! My kids would love them for some brain breaks!

    Breanne
    breannesimons@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jenny I love all your photos, especially the chickens...real and not so real:)

    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete

Please give me a hoot!