Friday, January 10, 2014

Five for Friday

I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching to share five random things from my week! 

1) A funny thing happened on the way to Friday. I had two snow days and I still felt wiped out and exhausted by the time Friday showed up. Could it be that I just tried to squeeze too much in or is it that I'm staying up to late squeezing every thing I can into my son's Christmas break? I'm so thankful for the extra days I had at home with him. The snow days couldn't have come at a better time. 

2)When Wednesday rolled around and I got to spend the morning with my students, the first order of business was our class Christmas party! We finally got to exchange gifts, play games and have Christmas cookies!
Wednesday afternoons are filled with specials for my Owlets, so we had a lot to squeeze in. The heat in my room was not working and it was COLD. We have some awesome maintenance guys who showed up and had me back up to temperature pretty quick.

3) Happy New Year! I played with the clocks in our room so we could pretend that it was midnight and blew horns and wore our silly glasses to celebrate. THANK YOU, Granny Goes to School! Cindy made the most delightful photo booth glasses freebie. Click HERE to see them. She is pretty amazing and offers wonderful freebies on her blog regularly. Fly by to see her and let her know an owl sent you!
We used small dowel to hold our glasses in place and then pose! After our photo shoot we glued them down on paper and colored pictures in each lens of things we hope to "see" in 2014. Then we wrote descriptive sentences about each of our pictures. 

4) Each of my students is unique and special. I love each of them and tell them regularly. Sometimes they tell me stories that break my heart. On those days when I feel the most broken hearted for them it seems that I have even more love to share.  The awareness of their vulnerability opens up my heart and moves me to be the best that I can be to meet their individual needs.  I feel so blessed to be able to tell them that their is sNOw- one that loves them like Jesus! 
My Owlets had a blast making simple snowflakes out of coffee filters. They each made two and had races by throwing them both in the air to see which one landed first. 

5) I have seen this project all over Pinterest and I finally found an opportunity to squeeze it in. I love these bird's eye view snowmen. My Spartan fan had to put a Spartan hat on his in honor of the Rose-Bowl winning team!

Now it is off to bed for me. I'm reading Cold Sassy Tree and I've been waiting all day to slip into my footie pjs and spend some time with Will Tweedy and follow his adventures surrounding the drama his grandpa and Miss Simpson create! My daughter has to read it for school and I wanted to see what it is about...I think she is in for a treat!



6 comments:

  1. Yea for extra family time! I'm sure your son appreciated it, too!
    I love the glasses!

    Enjoy your weekend!

    Jenny
    Suntans and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful you can share Jesus with your students...I do too, just can't do it as boldly! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, two snow days. I asked God for just one this week. I didn't get it. I'm glad you enjoyed yours though. :)
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had a fun week. I love that you change the clocks!
    Laurie
    Chickadee Jubilee

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE that squirrel picture.
    The New Years glasses are great, too. Cindy did an awesome job and so did your kids:)
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete

Please give me a hoot!