Saturday, October 19, 2013

Bring a Leaf to School Day

Friday was Bring a Leaf to School Day. Though most of my class forgot to bring a leaf, it was a great success. Now don't leaf me alone. I did maple sure that each student got a leaf. We ran to our school woods and grabbed ten which we sorted, classified and arranged into different leaf creatures.



Then each child chose one leaf to spend the weekend at school. Little did they know, the leaves would not stay just sitting on their desks. They got up and...





I have a whole book that I made about what the leaves did when we all left Friday. I like writing. I haven't always. The more I do it the more I enjoy it. I know that I need to do it, so my students will do it. They will come into school Monday knowing I have a book to share with them. The wonderful, amazing, awesome thing that happens is that many of them have been at home this weekend writing books, too! Making writing fun for you students means they will want to write more and more each day. The more they write, the better they write. The better they write, the more they'll write! Write-on!

If you would like a springboard for your own story or if you would like  a funny story to read with your kids about leaves in school, this book is reasonably priced and you can print it out or just keep it on your computer! Check it out HERE!


4 comments:

  1. What an adorable idea - I am sure the kids will love the book about what their leaves did at school. I would love that if I was a kid!! :) :) What an awesome way to keep them engaged in the lesson and in reading at the same time.
    ~Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, that is PRECIOUS! What a fabulous idea! The kids will remember that forever. Oh my gosh, I can't wait to hear their reactions. You will need a follow-up post. Thank you for sharing!
    Carolyn
    Kindergarten: Holding Hands and Sticking Together
    PS LOVED your puns! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is quite funny! I bet they'll love reading that book over and over.
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete

Please give me a hoot!